Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing users in user groups, part of Learning Jive Administration.
- We have our user groups, and our user groups…are set up with permissions.…Now we can add users to those groups.…So we're back in the Admin Console, in the People section,…on the Management tab looking at our user group summary,…and I want to add some bloggers.…So I will click the Edit link for bloggers,…double-check and make sure this is actually the group…that I want to add people to,…and then notice that I can add members,…or I can edit or add admins.…
Remember that admins are the people who get to decide…who is and is not in this group.…So let's add some members.…And Jo Blickman, right there.…And I'd also,…as well as Jo,…I believe that we've had an agreement from Jason…to do some blogging for us.…There we go, Jason Hemlock.…
And I have those two folks now,…and we're going to add them.…Notice, I'm not a blogger.…I'm an admin for this group.…Now, if I also wanted to be a blogger,…we have to add me as a member,…not just as an admin.…There I am.…Now I am the admin…and I'm also a blogger.…
So this is how we populate our user groups.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Setting up spaces and groups
- Creating users
- Working with permissions
- Resetting user passwords and avatars
- Creating activity pages and blogs
- Assigning content moderators
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Community and Spaces
2. Working with Permissions
3. Managing User Settings
Banning a user1m 52s
4. Customizing and Managing Spaces
5. Configuring Content Moderation
What's next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.