Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing user name, avatar, and password reset, part of Learning Jive Administration.
- The forgot username setting found…in the people group on the settings tab…allows users to find out their username if they forget it.…All they need is the email address…that they provided upon registration.…This is enabled by default.…If you do not want users to be able to request…their username you would need to disable this.…Some users will remember their username…but will forget or need to reset their password…and you'll find that under password reset.…
Again, this choice is enabled by default.…A user provides their username…and then they will receive an email…that allows them to reset their password.…If you wish to do something specific with that email,…you can do so on the message templates page.…Right now it's a simple email that says…here's the information that you requested…and provides a link so that they can reset.…If you as an administrator need to reset a user's password,…you first need to find the user and then you…will change their password, not from the settings…but from user management and you can get there…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Setting up spaces and groups
- Creating users
- Working with permissions
- Resetting user passwords and avatars
- Creating activity pages and blogs
- Assigning content moderators
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Community and Spaces
2. Working with Permissions
3. Managing User Settings
Banning a user1m 52s
4. Customizing and Managing Spaces
5. Configuring Content Moderation
What's next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.