Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Liking, following, and bookmarking content, part of Learning Jive.
- When you see content listed as Trending, it's trending because people are viewing it, people are liking it, and because of that it shows up in the Trending List. So if you find a particular piece of content that's useful to you, you might want to Like it, and you might want to make sure that you're apprised of any time that the content has been updated. There are several ways we can do this. There's a new schematic for the Riverton wind farm that's been posted here. This looks great.
Now first, I want to like this, so I'm going to click Like. Notice that this indicator increments by one. Anytime you want to, you can click the Like indicator and see who else likes something. If it's just you, it's easy to tell it's just you. The second thing I can do is I can follow this document. And if I follow it, I can say, "Let me know when this document has been modified." And you can get information either in news, which is your Connection Stream, or your Inbox.
The choice is up to you, if you want it in both places, go ahead. Notice that you're following now in two Streams, because the Inbox is considered a Stream also. One Stream, stop following; all of those are possibilities. But I'm going to follow this in my Connections Stream. A third possibility is I'd really like to be able to find this document easily and interact with it. And in that case, I might choose to bookmark this document. Simply click Bookmark. Once it's bookmarked, you can click Edit to have some notes, and I'm going to say, "Posted by Jason's request." I can reference a person, place, or content.
Here you go, Jason. Other tags, this is actually a specific farm. So I'm just going to add "farm" right there. And if I want to make sure that I'm the only person who can see this bookmark, I make it private. But for this content, I don't need to do that. So here in the upper right-hand corner, we have the ability to Bookmark a document, and keep track of our notes about it, we have the ability to Like a document, and we have the ability to Follow a document, all in one place.
- Compose status updates featuring links, images, and mentions.
- Explain the difference between direct messages and discussions.
- Support group projects by assigning edit privileges for uploaded documents.
- Identify three ways to post videos on Jive.
- Use appropriate marking options to improve workflow.
- Organize project deadlines by creating and assigning tasks in Jive.