Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Incentivizing participation with badges, part of Learning Jive Administration.
- Whenever we deploy new software or upgrades…one of the questions is "How do we get users to use…the new software, the new features?"…With Jive, one way we can do this…is by setting up our status levels.…Status levels encourage our users to participate,…and we can incentivize the ways…in which we'd like them to participate.…We give them point levels for different kinds of content,…for updating their status, for example,…or for liking someone else's status,…for providing a helpful response to a question…or the correct response to a question that was asked.…
And based on the level of points they accumulate,…they then earn badges that are visible in their profile.…There are built-in levels that you can either choose to use…or you can modify.…From Newbie to Wayfarer to Adventurer to Scout to Tracker,…here we are boldly going,…you'll notice a common theme of journeying or voyaging,…navigating, Pioneer, Ranger, and Guide,…which is 10,000 points or above.…
This is the entire universe of points, you'll notice,…there's no space between being a Navigator and a Pioneer…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Setting up spaces and groups
- Creating users
- Working with permissions
- Resetting user passwords and avatars
- Creating activity pages and blogs
- Assigning content moderators
Skill Level Beginner
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Userswith Mark Abdelnour2h 57m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Community and Spaces
2. Working with Permissions
3. Managing User Settings
Banning a user1m 52s
4. Customizing and Managing Spaces
5. Configuring Content Moderation
What's next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.