Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing your profile, part of Learning Jive Administration.
- This is the "get started" page for my new Jive site for Kineteco, so you'll notice the URL is kineteco.jiveon.com and then a forward slash and get-started. You can use this page and it will help you work through some of the administrative tasks you might wanna do to set this page up so if yourfocus for Jive was to work better as a team you could create a group, post some content, and add people. If what you wanted to do was collaborate on the other hand, you might begin with a document.
I'd like us to begin as we intend to continue and to design a site structure that's going to work for your organization. So rather than jump in here, what I'd like you to do is set up your profile. I've already done mine, and you can tell because right here, this button when I point to it has my picture, my name. That button is called the "avatar", and we actually have a picture, a small picture, that's used to represent me here. To edit your profile, simply click the avatar, which for you may simply look like a Fisher Price person, and click "edit profile".
You have the opportunity to upload lots of different photos. Very easy to do, simply click "add photo", browse to go find your photo and upload it. You can then use a small version of that photo as an avatar or you can choose some other symbol if you prefer. When you're all done editing your profile photos, then you can choose your profile, and enter whatever other information you would like to enter, it's helpful to provide some biography so that people know something about you.
Also, your location, where people will find you. You can't change your username, but please do fill in your first and your last names. Once you've done that, you're all set. Your profile's edited, which sets a wonderful example for everyone else who joins your site, and we can now begin working on our site structure.
- Setting up spaces and groups
- Creating users
- Working with permissions
- Resetting user passwords and avatars
- Creating activity pages and blogs
- Assigning content moderators