Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing overview pages with widgets, part of Learning Jive Administration.
- This page is an Overview page.…I can tell because on the left-hand side,…under Support Chat and the name of this space,…it doesn't have Activity, it has Overview.…You'll also see at the top a zone that says…You Can Customize This Page,…it's an invitation in to make some changes using widgets.…So if you wish to customize this page,…you have a couple of places to do it.…You have Settings over here,…but you also then have the ability to click Customize.…
Notice that it says, If you have a significant number…of widgets, especially widgets that use images,…you may slow down the performance,…which always impacts the user experience,…so you want to test it.…If you add widgets, you will want to test this…before you make this available to all of your users,…particularly if you add a number of them.…One more thought,…unlike tiles, widgets actually don't work as well…on mobile devices,…so we're going to use this because everyone using this space…is a desktop user.…
This is a great thing for us to do.…We have different Layouts that have, for example,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Setting up spaces and groups
- Creating users
- Working with permissions
- Resetting user passwords and avatars
- Creating activity pages and blogs
- Assigning content moderators
Skill Level Beginner
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Userswith Mark Abdelnour2h 57m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Community and Spaces
2. Working with Permissions
3. Managing User Settings
Banning a user1m 52s
4. Customizing and Managing Spaces
5. Configuring Content Moderation
What's next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.