Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing activity pages with tiles, part of Learning Jive Administration.
- Tiles are used to display focused information.…For example, top participants,…key content and places,…featured content and so on.…You can use these tiles…as they come out of the box,…you can modify the tiles…and you can create your own custom tiles.…There are several categories of tiles built-in…and it's helpful to think of them in that way.…For example, we have Content tiles…that are used to display information about our content.…There are People tiles…that will allow us to display information about the people…who are working in a space.…
There are Places tiles.…The Places tiles allow us…to have access to other places that are similar…to the place that we're in.…There are Miscellaneous or Other tiles.…Then finally, if you don't find a tile that meets your need,…you can create your own custom tile.…To modify this landing page,…I'm going to click Manage link,…choose Settings.…Notice that I can remove the tiles that are here, if I wish.…
So, TOP PARTICIPANTS, if I don't want it there,…I don't need to place it there.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Recognize the benefits of a members-only group.
- Review the steps you would take to customize a theme.
- Determine appropriate permission settings for different users.
- Explore different types of user relationships to improve team communication.
- Name three types of content that can be moderated.
- Identify a situation in which it is necessary to change abuse settings.
Skill Level Beginner
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Userswith Mark Abdelnour2h 57m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Community and Spaces
2. Working with Permissions
3. Managing User Settings
Banning a user1m 52s
4. Customizing and Managing Spaces
5. Configuring Content Moderation
What's next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.