Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating your Jive account, part of Learning Jive Administration.
- If your organization isn't using Jive, if you're the first person checking it out or if you're just learning about this for your own use, then you'll need to set up a Jive site, and you'll need a Jive account to do that. First go to www.jivesoftware.com and you'll end up on the current version of this homepage. Click "search" or even hover over it and you will see "try Jive" as one of the choices, simply click, you'll go to the landing page for Jive-n, and there's a big "try Jive-n" button right here.
Simply click the button, and the page will scroll down, you'll provide your first and last name, a work email address, your company name, select a company size, click "get started" and your site will begin to be provisioned so that you can begin a free 30-day trial. Jive's policy is that this is not a limited trial, so if you wanted to add many users you could. At the end of 30 days then you could begin paying for Jive-n and simply continue working.
So you don't start with a limited version, you're starting with the full featured version. After you click "get started", you'll get an email, that you'll need to go to your inbox to open, a link that you will click, and you will come back then to the page that you'll see in the next movie when we begin working with Jive-n.
AuthorGini von Courter
- Recognize the benefits of a members-only group.
- Review the steps you would take to customize a theme.
- Determine appropriate permission settings for different users.
- Explore different types of user relationships to improve team communication.
- Name three types of content that can be moderated.
- Identify a situation in which it is necessary to change abuse settings.
Skill Level Beginner
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Userswith Mark Abdelnour2h 57m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Community and Spaces
2. Working with Permissions
3. Managing User Settings
Banning a user1m 52s
4. Customizing and Managing Spaces
5. Configuring Content Moderation
What's next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.