Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating user groups, part of Learning Jive Administration.
- User groups are different than social groups…that we've previously created.…User groups are most easily thought of…as containers to hold a set of permissions…and bind them to a set of users in a particular place.…User groups, in fact, are invisible to regular users.…So, a user will know that they are part of the pilot team,…or they're part of an ad hoc hiking group,…but they will not know…that they have been assigned to a particular user group…that you created for permissions.…
When we create user groups,…we can also assign that group of users…to a particular role,…and this can be helpful…because you can do some iconography with this,…so that there's a badge and there's a visual clue…about what this particular user's role is…within the permission space.…The roles that are built in are administrator,…champion, employee, expert,…moderator, and support.…Let's begin by setting up…an administrator user group,…and let's then also set up an employee user group,…so we can see how this works.…
Here we are in the administrative console,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Recognize the benefits of a members-only group.
- Review the steps you would take to customize a theme.
- Determine appropriate permission settings for different users.
- Explore different types of user relationships to improve team communication.
- Name three types of content that can be moderated.
- Identify a situation in which it is necessary to change abuse settings.
Skill Level Beginner
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Userswith Mark Abdelnour2h 57m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Community and Spaces
2. Working with Permissions
3. Managing User Settings
Banning a user1m 52s
4. Customizing and Managing Spaces
5. Configuring Content Moderation
What's next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.