Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a space in the Admin Console, part of Learning Jive Administration.
- The most efficient way to create a space…is using the Admin Console.…To get there, click your avatar.…In the Manage section,…choose Admin Console…and this will open the interface…for administrators here in Jive.…You'll notice that the top tabs'…for Systems, Spaces, and so on,…and we could go into Spaces and create a new space…and that's not a bad way to do it.…We can also click this link here.…But let's start by going to Spaces.…What you'll find is we have one space.…It's called Jive.…
And if we wish, we can create a new space right here…and it will be created under Jive,…a subspace of Jive.…I'll click New.…Our Space Name is going to be Solar.…There's our description of the space.…If I have a name that includes spaces,…notice that my URL will have a dash rather than a space.…If I want to simply have my URL say solar…even though the Space Name is Solar Team,…I can do that.…
Next, I have my Permissions.…Do I wish to inherit my permissions…or set custom permissions?…At this point, we haven't worked with permissions yet,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Setting up spaces and groups
- Creating users
- Working with permissions
- Resetting user passwords and avatars
- Creating activity pages and blogs
- Assigning content moderators
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Community and Spaces
2. Working with Permissions
3. Managing User Settings
Banning a user1m 52s
4. Customizing and Managing Spaces
5. Configuring Content Moderation
What's next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.