Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a group in the user interface, part of Learning Jive Administration.
- The next thing we want to do is to create a group…so that you can see how those work.…These are social groups…that allow people to get together and work on a project…or get together and talk about a common interest…or serve on a committee or a task force.…We're going to do this not here in the Admin Console…but back in the user interface.…Remember that one of the powers of groups is…you and I don't have to figure out…all the groups that are needed.…Admins need to create spaces…but groups can be created by users…and our design includes building…just a small number of groups…and then organically allowing our users to create the rest.…
I'm going to click the View Site link…here in the Admin Console to open up the site,…click the Create link and scroll down,…and under PLACES where we see Spaces and projects,…there's Group.…And it's creating my new group.…It's already creating my landing page right here.…This group is going to be for the Pilot Team.…And we're just going to call this...…Actually, that's not fair to use that…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Setting up spaces and groups
- Creating users
- Working with permissions
- Resetting user passwords and avatars
- Creating activity pages and blogs
- Assigning content moderators
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Community and Spaces
2. Working with Permissions
3. Managing User Settings
Banning a user1m 52s
4. Customizing and Managing Spaces
5. Configuring Content Moderation
What's next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.