Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring discussions, part of Learning Jive Administration.
- For some social groups, and in some spaces,…discussions become the major form of Content in Jive.…A discussion is threaded, so someone can ask…a question, someone else can provide an answer.…Someone can pitch out a theory, other folks can critique it.…There are two things that you might want to consider…when you look at configuring discussions for Spaces.…The first is, do you want to be able to notice…when questions aren't being answered,…when someone's asked a difficult, difficult question…and there's no one replying, do you want to…be able to refer that to an expert,…or ask someone else to take a look at it?…And if so, how long do you want to wait before that happens?…You also might want to manage discussions,…it's possible that you have a discussion that's not helpful.…
It's posted in the wrong Space,…or it's a question that has already…previously been answered multiple times.…So if you have a Content moderator for Space,…one of the things they can moderate is discussions.…They have the ability to see all of…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Setting up spaces and groups
- Creating users
- Working with permissions
- Resetting user passwords and avatars
- Creating activity pages and blogs
- Assigning content moderators
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Community and Spaces
2. Working with Permissions
3. Managing User Settings
Banning a user1m 52s
4. Customizing and Managing Spaces
5. Configuring Content Moderation
What's next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.