Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring abuse reporting, part of Learning Jive Administration.
- You'll find one-stop shopping…for the grand topic of moderation…in System,…on the Moderation tab.…You'll see here the index of all of the available settings.…So if we wanted to modify our System Administration…or modify our Space Permissions,…maybe take Jason out of that role and put someone else in,…this is where we would do that.…What we're here to do…is to change the Abuse Settings.…
You may be familiar with websites or software,…particularly, sites that allow public comment…or there's a choice to have someone report abuse.…And you might think "Oh, well I reported…"this particular comment or this review as abusive,…"therefore, someone's looking at it."…Well, not necessarily,…first, we need to enable abuse reporting…by turning this on, it is off by default.…Then what we need to do is we need to say…"Well, after there have been x number of abuse reports…"that have been passed along to a moderator,…"at what point should we automatically hide some content?"…How many people have to say "Whoa, this is over the line…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Setting up spaces and groups
- Creating users
- Working with permissions
- Resetting user passwords and avatars
- Creating activity pages and blogs
- Assigning content moderators
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Community and Spaces
2. Working with Permissions
3. Managing User Settings
Banning a user1m 52s
4. Customizing and Managing Spaces
5. Configuring Content Moderation
What's next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.