Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Banning a user, part of Learning Jive Administration.
- You may occasionally have people…that you need to ban for a short time or forever…based on their violation of the…Terms and Conditions of Use of Jive.…You'll find the Ban Settings on the Settings tab…under People here in the admin console.…You can ban specific IP addresses or a range of IP addresses.…That's beyond the scope of this course,…and it requires that you having IP address tracking enabled.…We're going to focus instead on…what you would need to do ban an individual.…
First, the ability to ban users is not enabled right now.…You need to turn that on.…And you need to determine whether someone who's been banned…should receive an email or not.…And this would be a standardized email, it would say,…"You've been banned for the following reason."…This is for organizations that have…policies in place, terms and conditions of use,…and want to be able to enforce those…by giving people a timeout.…You would then go to the Ban User Account tab,…find the user you want to ban,…and determine the level of banning.…You can say, "You can't login to Jive at all."…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Setting up spaces and groups
- Creating users
- Working with permissions
- Resetting user passwords and avatars
- Creating activity pages and blogs
- Assigning content moderators
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Community and Spaces
2. Working with Permissions
3. Managing User Settings
Banning a user1m 52s
4. Customizing and Managing Spaces
5. Configuring Content Moderation
What's next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.