Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Assigning a document approver for a space, part of Learning Jive Administration.
- We can give someone permission to be the moderator for…documents, or space, or for the entire community.…But often, all we want is a simple system to…ensure that someone has had eyes on a document…that's been reviewed before it is published…and made available to everyone else.…We really don't want it published…until we know that it's been reviewed.…Which is a little bit different than…the way we've been working with moderation.…You can assign document approvers,…document managers, in a fact, to spaces,…and you can assign them then…to all of the projects within that space because…the ability to be able to approve documents for a space…is inherited by projects underneath that space.…
If I want to be able to create a document approver for a space,…I'll simply go to the admin console, where I am now,…choose Spaces, click Settings, and choose Document Settings.…And in Document Settings, I can add a user,…or I can remove a user.…I already have one user here:…Wendy is going to be one of our approvers.…I added her previously, I'm also going to add Joe Blickman.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Setting up spaces and groups
- Creating users
- Working with permissions
- Resetting user passwords and avatars
- Creating activity pages and blogs
- Assigning content moderators
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Community and Spaces
2. Working with Permissions
3. Managing User Settings
Banning a user1m 52s
4. Customizing and Managing Spaces
5. Configuring Content Moderation
What's next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.