In this video explore the different options for CI/CD with Google Cloud Platform and Google Kubernetes Engine. There will also be some brief discussion of Spinnaker, the cloud-native tool.
- [Instructor] Cloud Build is an integration service … from the Google Cloud Platform suite of tools. … It originally started as an image builder for containers. … Over time, it's grown into a tool that can be leveraged … for CI/CD tasks beyond just building container images. … In 2018, Container Builder became Cloud Build, … and the reach of the tool was expanded. … Along with building container images, … developers can now use Cloud Build … to access other Google Cloud services … like App Engine, Kubernetes Engine, and Firebase. … In essence, Cloud Build provides developers with a way … to build custom workflows to test applications … and then deploy them to Google Cloud Platform … or even to other services. … Cloud Build pricing is part … of the Google Cloud Platform free tier. … Standard builds are given 120 free minutes each day, … and beyond that are billed a mere $0.003 per minute. … Of course those limits and prices … are subject to change at any time. … Cloud Build is initially configured …
- Key considerations in picking your stack
- The landscape of CI/CD tools
- Self-hosted options such as Jenkins and Bamboo
- SaaS tools such as Travis CI
- Using AWS CodePipeline and CodeBuild
- Tools for code repositories