In this video, learn the benefits of a continuous delivery tool like GoCD and how it can be used to manage your software delivery process.
- [Narrator] GoCD is a free and open source … continuous delivery platform sponsored by ThoughtWorks, … a global technology and software development company. … Out of the box, GoCD focuses on using pipelines … to produce a software artifact or deployment. … Each pipeline is broken down into one or more stages. … Stages can include one or more jobs. … And jobs include one or more tasks. … This allows for very fine grain pipeline modeling … and can help with reusing these elements … over different pipelines. … To run pipelines, GoCD requires a server and an agent. … Servers can also be agents, … but don't run as agents by default. … GoCD is primary configured from the web interface … and saves pipeline configurations in XML format. … There are plugins though that allow for working … with configurations in JSON and YAML formats. … GoCD includes built in commands that are used … to fill in task definitions. … GoCD also makes use of a GitHub repository … called the Go Command Repo, … for working with commands that other developers have shared. …
- Key considerations in picking your stack
- The landscape of CI/CD tools
- Self-hosted options such as Jenkins and Bamboo
- SaaS tools such as Travis CI
- Using AWS CodePipeline and CodeBuild
- Tools for code repositories