In this video, learn about GitLab CI, a popular tool among DevOps engineers, and how it approaches CI/CD as well as the pros and cons of self-hosting.
- GitLab.com provides a hosted tool suite with multiple … capabilities, including code management, project planning, … and of course … continuous integration, delivery, and employment. … GitLab incudes a git based code repository, where developers … can collaborate around their code. … GitLab also includes a container registry, … for storing and tracking docker images … that belong to a project. … Fans of open-source software will be happy to know … GitLab is an open-source product. … All of the code is available on GitLab.com and GitHub.com. … If you want to raise an issue with the development team … or submit a pool request, you can do it on either site. … Pricing is generous at GitLab.com with unlimited … public and private repositories and unlimited collaborators … for free. … GitLab continuous integration service is quite nicely named … GitLab CI. … It's built into the repository service and comes installed … with every GitLab project. … It's controlled by a file named .gitlab-ci.yml, …
- Key considerations in picking your stack
- The landscape of CI/CD tools
- Self-hosted options such as Jenkins and Bamboo
- SaaS tools such as Travis CI
- Using AWS CodePipeline and CodeBuild
- Tools for code repositories