CircleCI is a niche favorite among developers. In this video, learn what CircleCI offers compared to its competition, particularly w/r/t container integration.
- [Instructor] CircleCI provides CI/CD workflow management, … a variety of build environments, … and capabilities that can support all types of projects. … CircleCI uses a variety of docker containers, … or virtual machines, to run your CI and CD build steps. … This gives developers access to to Ubuntu, … Windows, and macOS environments. … Their Ubuntu Linux container images … come with a variety of tools already installed, … but at the time I'm recording this, … those images are for Ubuntu versions 12 and 14. … Let's hope some newer versions of Ubuntu … come to CircleCI soon. … For mobile developers, CircleCI also provides images … with tools to build and test Android applications. … Cost-wise, it's easy to get started on CircleCI. … The free tier allows for 1000 build minutes each month, … over an unlimited number of repos, … with no limit on the number of users. … The number of containers is limited to one though, … and there can only be one active job running. … Paid plans allow for macOS development …
- Key considerations in picking your stack
- The landscape of CI/CD tools
- Self-hosted options such as Jenkins and Bamboo
- SaaS tools such as Travis CI
- Using AWS CodePipeline and CodeBuild
- Tools for code repositories