In this video, learn about basic continuous integration on Amazon Web Services and how their suite of tools work with services inside and outside of AWS.
- [Instructor] CodePipeline and CodeBuild … are tools for implementing continuous integration … and continuous delivery in the Amazon Web Services Cloud. … With CodePipeline, developers can model the stages … of their pipeline and the actions … that need to be taken in each stage. … CodeBuild provides an on-demand build service … that can be used with CodePipeline … to complete the heavy lifting of the CI/CD process. … CodePipeline takes input from several sources, … including GitHub repositories, Amazon's … hosted GIT repos service, CodeCommit, … Amazon's Elastic Container Registry, also known as ECR, … and the old faithful object storage, … Amazon simple storage service most commonly known as S3. … If the input is a repository, pushing new code … to the repository triggers the pipeline. … Depending on the input, … CodePipeline collects additional information … to help developers fill in the details … of the build, test, and deploy stages of the pipeline. … Additional stages can be added as needed. …
- Key considerations in picking your stack
- The landscape of CI/CD tools
- Self-hosted options such as Jenkins and Bamboo
- SaaS tools such as Travis CI
- Using AWS CodePipeline and CodeBuild
- Tools for code repositories