Join Eve Porcello for an in-depth discussion in this video In-browser Babel transpiling, part of Up and Running with ECMAScript 6.
- When you work with Babel on a real project…I definitely don't encourage you to use the…In Browser Transformer.…This will force our browser to convert all of the ES6 to ES5…at run time, which will make our projects run much slower.…For the purposes of this class, though we're just going…to be demo-ing some small feature examples of ES6…so we don't need our code to be lightening fast.…To get started we're going to open the index.html file…that lives inside of our 2_2 folder.…Up here at the top, in our script tag, we have a function…that contains some ES6 features, notice on line five here…the arguments that we're passing to this function…have default arguments.…
This means that when we call this function…even if we don't send any arguments to the function…it's going to use the default values instead.…Let's go ahead and run this, and we'll see what we get…in our console.…I can open up my console by hitting…Command + Option + J on a mac…or Control + Shift + J on a PC.…We notice here in our console that we see…an unexpected token.…
- What is ECMAScript?
- Transpiling ECMAScript with Babel and Babel-node
- Using the let and const keywords
- Creating strings with template strings
- Enhancing object literals
- Working with ES6 classes and class inheritance
Skill Level Beginner
Learn React.js: The Basics (2015)with Eve Porcello1h 32m Beginner
Up and Running with AngularJS 1with Ray Villalobos1h 20m Intermediate
Building a Polling App with Socket IO and React.jswith Alex Banks3h 56m Intermediate
1. What Is ECMAScript 6 (ES6)?
2. Transpiling ES6
3. ES6 Syntax
4. ES6 Functions & Objects
5. ES6 Classes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.