- [Instructor] Now we're going to make an area chart…using time series data.…So you can save the barChart file…as lineChart,…so that we effectively make a copy…and we can change title to Line chart,…and the heading can be…Line chart: total payment over time, like so.…We can leave the html structure…which is just a single div, as it is,…and we can leave the id name as chart,…that's fine as well.…
And for now even, we're going to work with the same data.…So to begin with, all we're going to do…is change dc.barChart to dc.lineChart,…and then we're going to navigate to our new page,…and refresh.…Now we can see the power of dc…by changing one little thing,…immediately we have a line chart…using all of the same parameters that we used before.…Many parameters are common to all charts like this,…but this isn't the best example of a line chart…because it's bucketed data,…and you'd normally use a bar chart…to show that kind of data,…so let's go for something more normal…and head for a time series on our x axis.…
Now we know the trick to working out dimensions,…
- Downloading and setting up DC.js
- Building dashboards
- Making charts: bar, area, pie, bubble, boxplot, and series
- Applying graphical filtering
- Working with dates
- Restyling dashboards
- Using D3 charts in a DC dashboard
- Linking charts together
Skill Level Intermediate
Crossfilter for Data Science Essential Trainingwith Emma Saunders1h 33m Intermediate
D3.js Essential Training for Data Scientistswith Emma Saunders4h 38m Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
1. Preparing to Code in DC
2. Individual Charts
3. Making Advanced Charts
4. Building a Dashboard
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.