Join Shaun Wassell for an in-depth discussion in this video Why React?, part of React: Creating and Hosting a Full-Stack Site.
- [Instructor] So as I mentioned, Now, you may be wondering why we'd choose to React Well React has many advantages over hand coding a static site. any of the fine-grained control from the programmer. Basically, it allows us to create modular, into a fully functional website, instead of hand coding each individual page in our site. The next question is why you'd use React over a platform like WordPress or Wix or Squarespace, all of which allow you to create a website Well first of all, since this course is aimed at primarily at developers, I'm assuming you have more of an interest in creating a website using code rather than drag and drop. and you're not already a fairly strong developer, I would recommend that you use one of these platforms instead of React. Although be warned, even though these websites have advertising that makes it sound like you can create a website in a few minutes, I've personally found that they have a bit of a learning curve as well. you usually end up sacrificing a lot of flexibility. So all that being said, React is a fantastic tool for programmers who want to create basically And with the advent of React Native, it's rapidly becoming a tool for creating mobile apps as well. React developers are also currently highly sought after by many companies who are looking So with all that knowledge, let's move on and see how we can quickly set up a React powered front end.
- Creating the app component
- Using React-Router links
- Setting up an Express server
- Route parameters in Express
- Adding the comments functionality
- Installing and adding MongoDB to your project
- Rewriting the endpoints
- Adding React hooks
- Adding buttons and forms
- Pushing code to GitHub
- Running a full-stack app on AWS
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating a React Front End
2. Creating a Node Back End
3. Setting Up MongoDB
4. Connecting the Front and Back Ends
5. Hosting the Site
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.