And it's also going to be responsible for serving those…files from a local cache.…Maybe we don't want to create the Progressive Web App…but we want to offer the user an offline experience.…In that case, the service worker, will…be responsible for that behavior.…We can make the whole website available offline,…or just part of the website.…It's up to us.…When we are dealing with web performance, the service…worker is a key piece to increase the experience…of the first look because the service worker…can cache files and serve those files from the cache…when the user is trying to access the website again later.…
- Service worker life cycle
- Registering service workers
- Handling service worker events
- Updating service workers
- Acting as a network proxy
- Configuring cache storage
- Communicating with clients
- Optimizing web performance
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A New Citizen for the Web
2. Work with Service Workers
3. Acting as a Network Proxy
4. Cache Storage
5. Work with APIs in the Service Worker
6. Tips and Tricks for Web Performance
Next steps1m 55s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.