- [Instructor] Before we get started on our designs pattern journey, what is it exactly? The academic definition is a general, reusable solution to a commonly-occurring problem within a given context in software design. In simple words, it's a way that has been defined as a proper approach to resolve common problems in code. But if that still doesn't make sense, think of how you've learned how to divide two numbers in math. You need to follow a specific pattern to be able to properly get the solution. And the way I divide numbers, or learn it when I was young, might even be different to how you learned it, based on where you learned it from, or when.
- What's a pattern?
- What's the role of callbacks?
- Creational patterns, including Singleton and Factory
- Structural patterns, including model-view-controller
- Behavioral patterns, including Memento and Mediator