This course highlights features of TypeScript 2.0 and TypeScript 2.1. Learn how to set up and update your local environment, then discover the latest enhancements of the language.
- [Instructor] If you've worked with TypeScript on any of your projects, you know this is a language in constant flux and with new features added quickly to the syntax. Hi, I'm Mannie. I'm passionate about all new web technologies and here to assist you in your TypeScript journey towards mastery. In this course we'll go over the new features added to the most recent versions of TypeScript, explain its use, or why don't you add a feature, and in most cases, provide examples how to use it. We'll first do a brief overview of the tools required to work with TypeScript, then start right away on looking at the new features added.
We look at the most important additions and then go through our final overview to round up other syntax improvements. So, if you're ready to push your knowledge of TypeScript, open up your favorite editor and let's get started.
- Updating a local environment
- IDEs with TypeScript support
- Assigning null or undefined types
- Using control flow analysis
- Using tagged union types
- Using read-only properties
- Using mapped types
- Using objects spread and rest
- Leveraging external helper libraries