Learn how to get started with GraphQL, the popular query language designed to make data fetching and updating easier.
- [Eve] Hi, I'm Eve Porcello, and welcome to Learning GraphQL. GraphQL is a query language that was designed at Facebook to help simplify the process of data fetching in applications. In this course, we're going to dig into the data fetching specification and get more comfortable with the syntax and vocabulary of GraphQL. We'll start by learning about GraphQL's history and it how it compares to REST. Then we'll get into how to write basic queries including fields and arguments. From there, we'll get into more advanced query structures like fragments and aliases.
And finally, we'll execute mutations and actually change live data that's on GitHub. GraphQL is fairly new, and it's very exciting to work with, so let's get right to it and start learning GraphQL.
In this course, learn how to get started with GraphQL. Eve Porcello walks through the basics of this query language, diving into the data fetching specification, and helping you get up to speed with the syntax and vocabulary of GraphQL. Eve explains how to create basic queries, including how to work with arguments and multiple fields. She also goes into complex techniques for handling data, including working with aliases, fragments, and pagination. Plus, she covers how to edit and transform data with mutations.
- Learning about the origins of GraphQL
- Learning about how GraphQL makes data fetching and updating easier
- Creating basic queries
- Using multiple fields
- Understanding schemas
- Handling data
- Drilling down into nested fields with a query
- Adding variables for argument values
- Creating mutations
- Adding a reaction mutation