Gain an understanding of variables, types, objects, arrays, operators, control structures, loops, and functions, then work through a series of hands-on examples that put these ideas into action.
- Enabling Firebug and web inspectors
- Using a text editor
- Declaring and assigning a variable
- Booleans and the quest for truth
- Working with objects and arrays
- Using operators and control structures
- Iterating with loops
- Objects, references, and functions
- Understanding variable scope
Skill Level Beginner
Q: In "How to enable Firebug and web inspectors," at the Chrome Canary part, the author mentions going to the View menu, and then Developer. My Canary has no menu bar. The author uses a Mac, whereas I have Windows. How do I get to the same place?
A: Click the menu button at the top right of Chrome, select More Tools, and then choose Developer Tools.