Join Eve Porcello for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Learning ECMAScript 6.
- This course has a set of exercise files that you can download and follow along with, which will allow you to work alongside me in the same files I'll be working on. In the Exercise Files folder, you'll find folders for each chapter and a corresponding sub-folder for each lesson. In each video's folder, you'll find a start folder and a completed folder. When the video begins, I'll start with the start file, and when the video ends, I'll end with the completed file. Throughout, I'll be using Sublime Text, which is available from sublimetext.com.
However, you can follow along in any text editor or the development IDE of your choice. Well, that's all we should need for setup. Let's go ahead and begin Up and Running with ECMAScript 6.
- What is ECMAScript?
- Transpiling ECMAScript with Babel and Babel-node
- Using the let and const keywords
- Creating strings with template strings
- Enhancing object literals
- Working with ES6 classes and class inheritance
Skill Level Beginner
Q: The Babel API is out of date. How do I proceed with the course?
A: We are updating the course. In the meantime, you can install the babel-cli package and then install the presets that you need to follow along with the tutorials.