Join Eve Porcello for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Learning ECMAScript 6.
- This course has a set of exercise files that you can download and follow along with, which will allow you to work alongside me in the same files I'll be working on. In the Exercise Files folder, you'll find folders for each chapter and a corresponding sub-folder for each lesson. In each video's folder, you'll find a start folder and a completed folder. When the video begins, I'll start with the start file, and when the video ends, I'll end with the completed file. Throughout, I'll be using Sublime Text, which is available from sublimetext.com.
However, you can follow along in any text editor or the development IDE of your choice. Well, that's all we should need for setup. Let's go ahead and begin Up and Running with ECMAScript 6.
- What is ECMAScript?
- Transpiling ECMAScript with Babel and Babel-node
- Using the let and const keywords
- Creating strings with template strings
- Enhancing object literals
- Working with ES6 classes and class inheritance
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: The Babel API is out of date. How do I proceed with the course?
A: We are updating the course. In the meantime, you can install the babel-cli package and then install the presets that you need to follow along with the tutorials.
1. What Is ECMAScript 6 (ES6)?
2. Transpiling ES6
3. ES6 Syntax
4. ES6 Functions & Objects
5. Asynchronous Features
6. ES6 Classes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.