- [Instructor] I'm here with our Explore California…offline available website, and we know that now…our cache storage has two different folders,…california-assets, those are the assets…that we downloaded from Scratch…when we installed the service worker,…and california-fonts, that were downloaded…on the fly, based on what browser was downloading,…but, we also have a problem.…Remember that, if we try to change the CSS,…we are not seeing the changes, so that's why we switch…between a cache first policy and a network first policy.…
So, one of the problems that we have…is that we can force, as we saw before,…we can force a network first policy,…but the problem is that when we are doing that,…the assets that we downloaded,…here in california-assets-v1, it's the old version.…It will always be the old version.…We need to install a new service worker to get that change.…So, we can offer a solution to update the resources…that we have downloaded during the install process.…
The simplest way to do that is to use a pattern…
- Service worker life cycle
- Registering service workers
- Handling service worker events
- Updating service workers
- Acting as a network proxy
- Configuring cache storage
- Communicating with clients
- Optimizing web performance
Skill Level Advanced
Web Portfolio Projects: Binding and Propagationwith Leigh Lawhon1h 9m Intermediate
1. A New Citizen for the Web
2. Work with Service Workers
3. Acting as a Network Proxy
4. Cache Storage
5. Work with APIs in the Service Worker
6. Tips and Tricks for Web Performance
Next steps1m 55s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.