Learn how to use the DC dashboard to show how charts interpret filters differently depending where the filter is set. Learn how to set default DC filters in code.
- [Instructor] One of the powers of DC…is graphical filtering.…Often in systems your filters are set by typing something in…or dragging and dropping a little pill into a location,…but with DC you click the chart itself…and hey, presto, you've applied a filter.…Graphical filtering like this is highly intuitive…and makes for a good user experience.…We're going to add a bubble chart to our Dashboard now,…so we'll begin with Dashboard 1,…and unsurprisingly save it as dashboard2.…
And we need to change our div.column width to be 33,…because we're going to have three columns.…And the closest column we have…is the one without the table in it,…so we can paste that one in.…And our bubble chart's going to show…the relationship between Total and tip.…And we'll be using a variable name of bubbleChart.…So we can go into bubbleChart…and copy and paste our declaration there.…
And I'm going to put it at the bottom,…but it's going to appear in the middle,…and that's because it's not the order…of the DC code that matters,…it's the order of the divs…
- Downloading and setting up DC.js
- Building dashboards
- Making charts: bar, area, pie, bubble, boxplot, and series
- Applying graphical filtering
- Working with dates
- Restyling dashboards
- Using D3 charts in a DC dashboard
- Linking charts together
Skill Level Intermediate
Crossfilter for Data Science Essential Trainingwith Emma Saunders1h 33m Intermediate
D3.js Essential Training for Data Scientistswith Emma Saunders4h 38m Intermediate
Data Visualization Tips and Trickswith Matt Francis2h 14m Intermediate
1. Preparing to Code in DC
2. Individual Charts
3. Making Advanced Charts
4. Building a Dashboard
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.