Join Eve Porcello for an in-depth discussion in this video Transpiling with webpack, part of Learning ECMAScript 6.
- [Narrator] The solutions for transpiling…so far have been useful,…but a little bit too manual.…For a larger scale project,…most people like to use a build tool…to help automated processes like transpiling,…sass conversion and more.…Let's take a look at one of these build tools, webpack.…Webpack is a build tool that helps us load…all of our dependencies,…CSS, images, node modules and more,…and babel and webpack work really well together,…and can help automate the process…of performing these conversions.…
To get started working with webpack,…we need to create…a package.json file for our dependencies.…To do this, we simply need to open our terminal window,…and we need to type npm init.…Npm init is the command we use…to set up our module documentation,…so to do so I can follow all the prompts…to create my package.json file.…So let's just call this testing webpack.…We'll use a hyphen there.…We'll give it a version number,…a description, an entry point, a test command,…a git repository if we have one,…and then any sort of key words that we want to use.…
- What is ECMAScript?
- Transpiling ECMAScript with Babel and Babel-node
- Using the let and const keywords
- Creating strings with template strings
- Enhancing object literals
- Working with ES6 classes and class inheritance
Skill Level Beginner
Q: The Babel API is out of date. How do I proceed with the course?
A: We are updating the course. In the meantime, you can install the babel-cli package and then install the presets that you need to follow along with the tutorials.
Building a Polling App with Socket IO and React.jswith Alex Banks3h 56m Intermediate
1. What Is ECMAScript 6 (ES6)?
2. Transpiling ES6
3. ES6 Syntax
4. ES6 Functions & Objects
5. Asynchronous Features
6. ES6 Classes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.