- [Instructor] Let's analyze all the Cache Strategies…that we have been seeing during this chapter.…We have seen that we can precache…typically on the install event,…then we have to deliver those assets…to the browser cache first, network first…stale while revalidate and any combination…that we can create because we can create our own strategy.…For example, we can do network first…but also update resources that are not in the cache.…We can do several strategies per route…or per destination of the resource such as…if it's a style, if it's an emash,…we can also create dyno and maximum of emashes…that we want and store in the cache…so we can create our own algorithm.…
So when we are precaching, basically the service worker…is downloading the resources from the server,…in this case expressed as that little block with Res,…that's resource and downloading…that resource in the app cache.…When we are using cache first and we do have the resource…in the cache storage, the problem that appears is that…if we change the resource, for example now it's green,…
- Service worker life cycle
- Registering service workers
- Handling service worker events
- Updating service workers
- Acting as a network proxy
- Configuring cache storage
- Communicating with clients
- Optimizing web performance
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A New Citizen for the Web
2. Work with Service Workers
3. Acting as a Network Proxy
4. Cache Storage
5. Work with APIs in the Service Worker
6. Tips and Tricks for Web Performance
Next steps1m 55s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.