- In this video, I wanna take a look at the original script,…which was the inspiration for my solution,…and talk about some of the differences…between the original and the changes…I had to make to build an interface.…Now, you can find the original piece of code at this URL.…If you go through this original code,…you'll notice that it is a little bit shorter.…In my version, I've added a bunch of variables…that allow me to graph the solutions using SVG,…and also a lot of code that allows me…to visualize what's going on with what I've written.…I've also renamed a few functions and variables for clarity.…
The original main class is called "Queen".…I've called mine "Board" because in reality,…it keeps track of the board used to place the queens.…Now, in the original code, the main function…that searches for solutions is called "calculate".…I'm calling that one "tryNewQueen"…because this is where attempts to place…new queens on the board takes place.…At the very top of the original code,…you see a series of constants.…
Visit other courses in the series to see how to solve the exact same challenges in languages like C++, C#, Java, PHP, Python, R, Ruby, and Swift.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Problem One - Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem Three: Eight Queens
4. Problem Four: Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5 - Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6 - Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.