Join Eve Porcello for an in-depth discussion in this video Spread operators, part of Learning ECMAScript 6.
- The spread operator does a lot of…powerful things with three small dots.…The spread operator can turn the…elements of an array into arguments of a function call,…or into elements of an array literal.…Let's take a look at this.…I'm going to create two arrays,…one called cats, and one called dogs,…and each of these arrays is going to…contain three strings, so tabby, Siamese,…and then for our dogs, we'll use…golden retriever,…pug, and schnauser.…
Great, next I want to create an…array of strings called animals.…Inside of this we'll use whale,…giraffe, snake,…and coyote.…So let's say we want to take our…cats and our dogs, and add them to the animals array.…We could do this by simply using their variable names.…I'll add cats here, and dogs in this position here.…
And then if we console log animals,…we should see these items, but notice…here we see whale, giraffe, array…three snake, array three coyote.…What we're doing here is we're…seeing the dogs and cats appear as a…subarray, an array within an array.…If we want to add the array elements…
- What is ECMAScript?
- Transpiling ECMAScript with Babel and Babel-node
- Using the let and const keywords
- Creating strings with template strings
- Enhancing object literals
- Working with ES6 classes and class inheritance
Skill Level Beginner
Q: The Babel API is out of date. How do I proceed with the course?
A: We are updating the course. In the meantime, you can install the babel-cli package and then install the presets that you need to follow along with the tutorials.
1. What Is ECMAScript 6 (ES6)?
2. Transpiling ES6
3. ES6 Syntax
4. ES6 Functions & Objects
5. Asynchronous Features
6. ES6 Classes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.