- Now templating is one of the…foundations of modern web design,…so this type of project is fairly…easy to do, and not particularly flashy.…But it does illustrate the concept…of separating the data from your code,…and creating a template.…So if you take a look at this page right here,…is where we're actually inserting the .csv files…into our tables, and we do it two times.…You can see, there's a first semester…and a second semester, and James…has already created all the CSS…necessary to make this look nice.…
So if we take a look at the .html file,…we'll notice that it's a very basic HTML page,…and it doesn't use any frameworks,…so you're not gonna see any calls to Bootstrap right here,…like you've seen in my other CodeClinic projects,…and at the very bottom of the page,…where you call your scripts,…there's only one single call to our script.…And that is in the _scripts directory,…it's called script.js.…And it has just a few lines of code,…about 40 lines of code.…And the code essentially creates…an ajaxRequest right here.…
Visit other courses in the series to see how to solve the exact same challenges in languages like C++, C#, Java, PHP, Python, R, Ruby, and Swift.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S
1. Problem One - Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem Three: Eight Queens
4. Problem Four: Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5 - Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6 - Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.