- [Instructor] Any website that you are visiting…can actually be installing and registering a service worker.…So, how can you see all the current registered…and installed service workers?…If you're using Chrome on desktop or on Android,…you can go to a special URL.…It's chrome://serviceworker-internals.…When you get there, you will see all the service workers…that are currently installed in your system.…
For example I have one service worker here…for the scope code nasa, I can see the registration ID,…some information about that service worker,…for example it's currently activated,…remember activated doesn't mean that it's currently running,…because it's currently stopped,…we can see what happens if I open…a new window inside Chrome,…and we go to code.nasa.gov.…So basically, this same scope.…It can also be any URL, not just code.nasa.gov…it can be even nonexistent pages, like 404 pages.…
So anything in that scope…will be managed by the service worker.…So if I now go there,…you can see that it's currently running.…
- Service worker life cycle
- Registering service workers
- Handling service worker events
- Updating service workers
- Acting as a network proxy
- Configuring cache storage
- Communicating with clients
- Optimizing web performance
Skill Level Advanced
Web Portfolio Projects: Binding and Propagationwith Leigh Lawhon1h 9m Intermediate
1. A New Citizen for the Web
2. Work with Service Workers
3. Acting as a Network Proxy
4. Cache Storage
5. Work with APIs in the Service Worker
6. Tips and Tricks for Web Performance
Next steps1m 55s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.