- [Instructor] We looked at the .includes function … earlier when searching strings, … but you can also use this utility to help you search arrays. … Consider our array of cities. … We have Spokane, Boston, Los Angeles, Seattle, and Portland. … So I can console.log(cities.includes("Boston")), … and this should be true … 'cause the array contains that value. … Then, if I search for a city that doesn't exist in the array … like Santa Barbara, we're going to get false. … You used to have to incorporate a third-party library … to handle functionality like this, but not anymore … with the includes function baked directly into the language. … …
This course was created by Eve Porcello. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- What is ECMAScript?
- Writing and searching strings
- Writing maps
- Destructuring arrays
- Searching arrays
- Creating objects
- Destructuring objects
- Iterating with the for/of loop
- Getting and setting class values
- Using ECMAScript functions
- Building and returning promises
- Using async/await syntax
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is ECMAScript?
What is ECMAScript?1m 44s
2. ECMAScript Variables and Data Structures
3. Arrays and Array Methods
Destructuring arrays1m 34s
4. ECMAScript Objects
5. ECMAScript Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.