There are couple of essential objects that are required in a 3D scene. One of them is the scene object which defines the entire 3D space that you would be working. The other one is the camera that establishes the point of view that you will be viewing the scene from. And then there is the renderer that converts the 3D scene into a 2D image. Even though there are couple of different renderers in three.js we will be using the WebGLRenderer since it makes use of the complete feature set of WebGL.
- [Instructor] When working with Three.js,…and with 3D in general, there are a couple…of required objects we need to have.…One of the first things that we need is a scene object.…You can think of a scene object as a container…for any other 3D object that you are planning to work with.…It represents the 3D world that we will be building.…We can create the scene object by doing this.…First, I'm going to remove the console.log line…that is here, and load create a variable…called scene, and then initiate Three.js Scene object.…
Another thing that we need to have…when working with 3D is the camera.…Think of camera like the eyes that we will be viewing…this 3D world through.…When working with a 2D visualization,…the concept of a camera usually doesn't exist.…What you see is what you get, but in 3D,…you need a camera to define your point of view,…as there are many positions and angles…that you could be looking at the scene from.…A Three.js camera requires several options…to be provided during the initialization,…such as field of view, aspect ratio,…
- Building a simple scene
- Creating three.js 3D objects
- Adding light and shadows
- Animating with Tween.js
- Working with materials and textures
- Editing and importing geometries
- Creating a particle system
- Post-processing with effects and shaders
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Building a Simple Scene
2. Three.js Scene Object
5. Materials and Textures
Next steps1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.