Join Engin Arslan for an in-depth discussion in this video Roughness maps, part of Learning 3D Graphics on the Web with Three.js.
- [Instructor] Another kind of map that's available…to Standard Material is the roughness map.…A texture map used as a roughness map allows you…to control the sharpness of the reflections…using the brightness filters of a given image.…To be able to demonstrate how it works,…I will load in a checkerboard texture on the plane…as a roughness and a color map.…Here I will be adding a new map which is going…to be the roughness map.…
I will update my for each loop as well…With roughness map.…Instead of loading a concrete texture,…I will be using the checkerboard texture…that is included inside the Assets texture folder.…Let's check out our scene.…Now as you can see in the image, the parts…of the plane geometric that maps that the black texture…have very glossy reflections.…
Whereas with the parts that get mapped…with the white texture have rough blurry reflections.…This is the effect of the roughness map.…Roughness maps can allow you to add variations…to the reflections of a surface helping you…to get realistic results.…
- Building a simple scene
- Creating three.js 3D objects
- Adding light and shadows
- Animating with Tween.js
- Working with materials and textures
- Editing and importing geometries
- Creating a particle system
- Post-processing with effects and shaders
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Building a Simple Scene
2. Three.js Scene Object
5. Materials and Textures
Next steps1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.