- [Instructor] Let's talk about requirements…for using service workers.…First, the user needs a compatible browser.…Fortunatley for us, it's available…on latest versions of all main browsers.…So it's currently available…on Chrome, Firefox, Opera.…On Safari, it's available since Safari 11.1;…and on iOS, iPhone, and iPad,…that means iOS 11.3.…It's not available on Apple Watch browser,…only on iPhone and iPad.…
On Microsoft Edge, that's Windows 10,…it's available since Windows version 17.…And on the mobile space,…we also have Samsung Internet browser,…we have UCWeb, and KaiOS, that's a feature phone.…All of them are supporting service workers.…What about WebView compatibility?…Let's start with Android.…For example, when you are browsing a website…inside the Facebook mobile browsers,…so you're in Facebook, you click on a link,…it's being rendered inside Facebook, that website,…and in that case on Android,…on most Android devices,…you do have support for service worker,…but that service worker is completely isolated…from the browser, which means if you visit the website…
- Service worker life cycle
- Registering service workers
- Handling service worker events
- Updating service workers
- Acting as a network proxy
- Configuring cache storage
- Communicating with clients
- Optimizing web performance
Skill Level Advanced
Web Portfolio Projects: Binding and Propagationwith Leigh Lawhon1h 9m Intermediate
1. A New Citizen for the Web
2. Work with Service Workers
3. Acting as a Network Proxy
4. Cache Storage
5. Work with APIs in the Service Worker
6. Tips and Tricks for Web Performance
Next steps1m 55s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.