- So, let's step back away from all the code for a second…and take a look at how I created…the board and the queen graphics.…To create both of them, I used Adobe Illustrator.…It has excellent SVG output capabilities,…although it's not perfect,…so I had to make some adjustments using my text editor.…The version of the graphic you're seeing…is close to the one I used in the project,…with some of those adjustments.…I used the standard drawing tools…to draw the squares and the queens,…and to give them colors.…The really important work happens in the layers panel.…
One of the things you'll wanna do here…is make sure that you name your layers.…Normally these layers are called things like layer one,…layer two, et cetera, et cetera.…If you give them names…they will export as IDs in your layers,…and that's actually quite useful.…So this is a great place to name things like the board,…the numbers, as well as this border,…and then group each path with its own queen.…So this would be the last item over here at the bottom.…
Visit other courses in the series to see how to solve the exact same challenges in languages like C++, C#, Java, PHP, Python, R, Ruby, and Swift.
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: I am unable to access the Lake Pend Oreille data from outside the U.S.
A: A static copy of this data is provided here for lynda.com members outside of the U.S
1. Problem One - Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem Three: Eight Queens
4. Problem Four: Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5 - Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6 - Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.