- In order to chart this data,…we're going to need to modify it…to make it easier for our charting application…to handle.…The data that we're getting…from a restful service,…is coming in the form of adjacent objects.…So if I right click on my application so far,…and hit Inspect Element,…I can see in the console,…that everything comes across as an object.…Inside this object, I have a series of dates,…and inside each of those dates,…I have the raw information for the pressure,…the speed, as well as the temperature.…
But if we take a look at the C3 website,…and you go to the Example sections,…you can see that there are different kinds…of charts that we can use.…The one that we're interested in,…is called the TimeSeries chart.…That's because our dates are going…to control the list of data…that we're going to display to the user.…This type of chart expects the data…to be in an array of arrays,…with the first array being the dates,…and each of the following arrays…being the data,…with the keys of each of the data…as the first element to the array.…
Visit other courses in the series to see how to solve the exact same challenges in languages like C++, C#, Java, PHP, Python, R, Ruby, and Swift.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Problem One - Exploring Lake Pend Oreille
2. Problem Two: Image Analysis
3. Problem Three: Eight Queens
4. Problem Four: Accessing Peripherals
5. Problem 5 - Recursion and Directories
6. Problem 6 - Building the Web
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.