Join Eve Porcello for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Learning GraphQL.
- [Instructor] Now that we have a greater understanding…of GraphQL, the thought processes behind it,…how to write in structured queries,…how to change data with mutations,…you might now be interested in writing…your own GraphQL service.…For that, there are several resources…that I would recommend.…First, I'd check out a few courses,…GraphQL Essential Training, Learning Apollo,…and GraphQL: Data Fetching with Relay, all my Manny Henry,…will provide a natural progression after this course.…You should also check out the documentation…for GraphQL as well as the documentation site for Apollo.…
Both of these have great information about how to work…with the GraphQL ecosystem.…GraphQL is really new, but you shouldn't let that deter…you from using it and starting to think…about data in a GraphQL way.…With the excitement that's coalescing around…the technology, now's a really exciting time…to start working with GraphQL.…I wish you a lot of luck and a lot…of performance improvements in your journey.…
In this course, learn how to get started with GraphQL. Eve Porcello walks through the basics of this query language, diving into the data fetching specification, and helping you get up to speed with the syntax and vocabulary of GraphQL. Eve explains how to create basic queries, including how to work with arguments and multiple fields. She also goes into complex techniques for handling data, including working with aliases, fragments, and pagination. Plus, she covers how to edit and transform data with mutations.
- Learning about the origins of GraphQL
- Learning about how GraphQL makes data fetching and updating easier
- Creating basic queries
- Using multiple fields
- Understanding schemas
- Handling data
- Drilling down into nested fields with a query
- Adding variables for argument values
- Creating mutations
- Adding a reaction mutation