- [Instructor] Let's analyze this situation.…We are in the browser,…we are typing a URL,…and there is currently an active service worker…for that scope.…Also,…instead of a browser,…it can be a PWA that was installed,…so the user is just double-clicking on the icon…or tapping the icon on a mobile device.…Because there is a service worker…that is currently owning that scope,…the browser will not go to the web server…to download the HTML,…the document that we are requesting.…
Basically,…the browser will make that service worker…active and running,…which means,…if we need to create the process in the operating system,…the thread,…and then an instance of our service worker 5.…That would take a couple of milliseconds,…and let's say that after that,…the service worker say,…"Oh, I need to go the the webserver to fetch that,"…for example,…index attach html.…The problem comes that on low end devices,…mostly mobile devices,…phones that are really cheap,…it can be for example today an Android Go device,…that despite having Android 8,…
- Service worker life cycle
- Registering service workers
- Handling service worker events
- Updating service workers
- Acting as a network proxy
- Configuring cache storage
- Communicating with clients
- Optimizing web performance
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A New Citizen for the Web
2. Work with Service Workers
3. Acting as a Network Proxy
4. Cache Storage
5. Work with APIs in the Service Worker
6. Tips and Tricks for Web Performance
Next steps1m 55s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.