Kent unintentionally forked the Star Wars Names library on the wrong branch. To fix this, he leads the group through moving their projects back to the master branch.
- Don't worry about creating the travis.yml right now…and just worry about updating all of this stuff…and yeah, let's see.…I actually hadn't thought about the fact that…we're on a separate branch altogether…so you're going to want to watch this one too.…So we're going to go ahead and create a new branch…so we'll git branch…oh shoot now I have an alias for…creating a new branch, now I can't remember…how to do it normally.…
Gitconfig, yeah git checkout-b…and we'll just call this one temp.…No-verify, think we've got some stuff broken here.…Okay, hold on.…Oh yeah and then we'll git add everything…so sorry, these are the commands,…git checkout, whatever you want to call it,…whatever you want to call your temporary branch,…we'll just call it temp.…
No-verify and then we'll git commit…all the things it is mine!…Commit that, oh.…This error that we're getting is because…we've cloned this thing anew…and we haven't installed all the dependencies yet…and so git/hooks is having trouble…so you don't need to worry about it,…you just go ahead and no-verify.…
Note: This course was created by Frontend Masters. It was originally released on 08/09/2016. We're pleased to host this training in our library.
- Creating an open-source library
- Linting and testing
- Code coverage
- Installing and configuring Babel
- Peer dependencies
- Forking and renaming
- Continuous integration and automating releases
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating an Open-Source Library
2. Linting and Testing
3. Git Hooks, Babel, and Webpack
4. Continuous Integration and Automating Releases
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.