Join Eve Porcello for an in-depth discussion in this video Migrating to webpack 3, part of Learning ECMAScript 6.
- [Instructor] If you're using Webpack 2 or Webpack 3…in your projects, the syntax is a little different…for setting up your configuration file.…We're going to take our project from the previous video…and upgrade it to use Webpack 3.…Only a few changes need to be made.…First, I'm going to install webpack at a different version.…So, let's install it at 3.1.0, and this will replace…the Webpack 1 version that we had in our package.json file.…Next, let's switch back over to Sublime, where we will make…some adjustments to our webpack config file.…
So, first things first, we're going to add something…that's kind of best practice here on the top line.…We're going to make sure to require webpack,…and then we're going to, in our module.exports,…pretty much make no changes.…I'm just going to make this a little more readable…by moving our braces to separate lines.…Next, we're going to switch back over to our terminal window,…and we're going to upgrade babel-core in this project.…So let's run npm install,…babel hyphen core at 6.25.0…
- What is ECMAScript?
- Transpiling ECMAScript with Babel and Babel-node
- Using the let and const keywords
- Creating strings with template strings
- Enhancing object literals
- Working with ES6 classes and class inheritance
Skill Level Beginner
Q: The Babel API is out of date. How do I proceed with the course?
A: We are updating the course. In the meantime, you can install the babel-cli package and then install the presets that you need to follow along with the tutorials.
Building a Polling App with Socket IO and React.jswith Alex Banks3h 56m Intermediate
1. What Is ECMAScript 6 (ES6)?
2. Transpiling ES6
3. ES6 Syntax
4. ES6 Functions & Objects
5. Asynchronous Features
6. ES6 Classes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.