Join Engin Arslan for an in-depth discussion in this video MeshStandardMaterial, part of Learning 3D Graphics on the Web with Three.js.
- [Voice-Over] The previous materials that…we have seen so far are using older…simplified elimination models…that are not capable of yielding realistic results…in all lighting scenarios.…MeshStandardMaterial is a physically based…rendering material…that can create much more realistic results…compared to other materials that we have seen so far.…This is the kind of material…that modern game engines like Unreal…or Unity use,…and is an industry standard in gaming and visual effects.…It goes without saying that usage of this material…will be somewhat computationally more expensive…compared to all the other materials…that we have seen so far.…
Let's switch to standard material…by passing in the corresponding String value.…Here, in our Scene file,…we will call the String standard,…instead of phong.…And if you are to take a look at the getMaterial…function,…we can see that the standard string…makes a call to the MeshStandardMaterial…instead of the phong material.…We will also update our dat.gui commands,…as the standard material doesn't have a…
- Building a simple scene
- Creating three.js 3D objects
- Adding light and shadows
- Animating with Tween.js
- Working with materials and textures
- Editing and importing geometries
- Creating a particle system
- Post-processing with effects and shaders
Skill Level Intermediate
Flash Professional: HTML5 Canvas and WebGLwith Joseph Labrecque1h 36m Intermediate
HTML5: Graphics and Animation with Canvaswith Joe Marini3h 7m Intermediate
1. Building a Simple Scene
2. Three.js Scene Object
5. Materials and Textures
Next steps1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.