Join Engin Arslan for an in-depth discussion in this video MeshLambertMaterial and MeshPhongMaterial, part of Learning 3D Graphics on the Web with Three.js.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at the mesh…Lambert material.…I will update to get material function,…to provide me with the Lambert material.…By passing the string Lambert in "get material" function,…I will be activating the switch to return me…the Lambert material that is being defined here.…I will also update the surface color for the plane,…and the sphere as well,…so here, I will make the surface colors to be white,…actually, so I will change it to 255…for the zero values.…
Let's check out our scene.…Now, as you can see, the surfaces are updated.…Mesh Lambert material can be a suitable material…to simulate nice, shiny surfaces,…such as rubber, clay, or stone.…It uses a very simplistic shading model,…which makes it very (speaks softly)…but it might not yield the most accurate results.…Use this material whenever you can get away with it,…but using a mesh Phong material can be a better choice,…since it allows you to control the highlights…on the material as well.…
So let's switch our material from Lambert…to Phong material.…
- Building a simple scene
- Creating three.js 3D objects
- Adding light and shadows
- Animating with Tween.js
- Working with materials and textures
- Editing and importing geometries
- Creating a particle system
- Post-processing with effects and shaders
Skill Level Intermediate
Adobe Animate CC: HTML5 Canvas and WebGLwith Joseph Labrecque1h 36m Intermediate
HTML5: Graphics and Animation with Canvaswith Joe Marini3h 7m Intermediate
1. Building a Simple Scene
2. Three.js Scene Object
5. Materials and Textures
Next steps1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.