- [Instructor] Sine and cosine functions generates a value…in between minus one and one for a given value.…The values that are generated would be continuous…if the provided value is continuous as well.…One way of getting a continuous value in Three.js…will be to use the Three.js clock object.…Clock object tracks the time in the Three.js application.…We can call the getElapsedTime method on this object…to be able to get the elapsed time…since the start of the application…to feed it into a sine or a cosine function.…
I will be using the sine function in this example.…I will first start off by creating a clock object.…So here let's create a clock object…by calling the THREE.Clock function.…And let's pass this object inside our update function.…Here inside the update function,…remember we need to update this function in two places,…in this top level and inside…the requestAnimationFrame loop as well.…
So I will pass the clock object here too.…And now, inside this update function,…I can call the getElapsedTime method of the clock object…
- Building a simple scene
- Creating three.js 3D objects
- Adding light and shadows
- Animating with Tween.js
- Working with materials and textures
- Editing and importing geometries
- Creating a particle system
- Post-processing with effects and shaders
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Building a Simple Scene
2. Three.js Scene Object
5. Materials and Textures
Next steps1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.